visitors counter

Thursday 2 May 2013

Before.

Before is always tricky. You have to be careful with expectations: yours and others'. Other people's expectations usually consist of an endless list of questions, from "where are you going to live?" to "you already have a job there, don't you?", or "how long are you planning to stay?". For sure I have no answer, to none of them. But that's the point. Before, I never answer questions. Mainly because I have no idea of what to say, so that anything could be a lie, but also because I'd like people to put less pressure on me. Here they are, my best friends right now - silent, patient, quiet and useful: a scale and a suitcase. 




No questions about my future, about my whys and hows. I know it will be hard in the beginning. These days are passing by like liquid moments, as if panic and desire could stop the time. Especially during the night, the noise of the clock is more like the sound of a bomb about to explode beside my bed. I'm awake but yet unable to think clearly about ..all the things I should think of. I should clean my room, set a list of priorities, check anything I casually dropped in the suitcase, check if I forgot anything important, call my grandmother like four or five times a day to make sure she's not getting mad for me and my future. But then I feel glued to my bed and I'm unable to think or do anything. So here I am. Glued to my bed. Any advices on how to get up and react to all this more lively? 

4 comments:

  1. Packing your suitcase, waiting feverishly for the departure and still feeling anxious and wondering if you made the right decision... fear and excitement, oh, I have been there! Now it all may seem blurred, but once you will set foot in your new adventure you will feel alive like never before! Enjoy it and take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Momo ;)
    I'll keep your precious advice. You have a lot to teach me! Let's keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! It's Jose. My opinion is that you shouldn't react at all to what's happening to you. Maybe you're glued to your bed because you want answers to many questions you have, and the inability to predict what's going to happen paralyses you.

    Let uncertainty be, don't look for answers. Switch the brain off. Enjoy the fact that you have no idea of what's going to happen, the beauty of being able to get out there, in the jungle, to see what you'll find. Trust in your ability to steer away any problems you stumble into as you find them. And for God's sake... enjoy the whole Notting Hill area for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Josè....your support is really important to me. That's so weird how a person like you - whom I met twice in my life - can understand me so well. I'll keep you updated but most of all I'll try to follow your important advice. This morning on the plane I read a passage from a book by Banana Yoshimoto....it was about the importance of living in the present. No future, no past. Just for few days. Of course it's not a coincidence that I've read it this morning!

    ReplyDelete