visitors counter

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Piccadilly never sleeps


It's been a while now since I last wrote on my blog. When Life grabs you on its carousel it's so hard to say no! This morning I woke up early, impatient to start a new day. Every sound in the house is new to me. Every color in the light of early morning is a new discovery. The light of the sun seeping through the curtains sweetly tells me it's time to leave the bed and start a brand new day. In the silence of the sleepy house, I carefully walk down the creaking stairs covered with an old-fashioned carpet. The kettle whistles as the water starts boiling, a robin readbreast tweets ''goodmorning'' from the top of the fence in the garden. I decide not to turn on the tv, I want to keep any moment of this new day imprinted in my mind as it is. The green grass out of the window reflects its color into the silent living-room. In ten minutes I am ready to leave. The street is quiet and desert as it was last night when I walked back home. The fresh morning breeze awakens my cheekbones on the way to the tube station. The Beatles plugged in my ears, my mind completely lost in faraway thoughts, the way to Green Park seems endless. There's a man sitting in front of me: he's reading a newspaper. His clock's tictac breaks the silence all around us, I can hear it even with earplugs. A woman standing besides me is reading a book, but she never turns the page. It feels as if the time has stopped, today that I've decided to live it from the very beginning.
Goodmorning London.

Piccadilly never sleeps. And I do feel the same right now. It's a constant beating of hearts and wheels, horns and voices. Tourists stroll down the sidewalks while Londoners try their best to hustle through the crowd. Coca-Cola screen is like a night-sun enlightening Cupid's fountain while high-heeled miniskirted girls cross the road to Leicester Square and Soho. Businessmen in suits and ties carry their briefcases pointing downwards and speaking intensely in their headphones, careless of the unique shades and colors of the buildings in the morning sun.

I don't sleep because Life has been shaking me quite a lot. I heard a clear call and I followed it and it brought me here, in this moment, neither earlier nor before. I stand exactly in the middle of my Freedom. Colors, sounds, people, music, trees, everything up to my senses feels amplified as I'm living all these feelings in the middle of my Freedom. This is the only way to catch the deepest meanings of Life. Night, day, sun, stars, they're the same as they've always been but they're not the same anymore as I seen them through new eyes. Time is even not the same anymore. Once you don't let bad thoughts bother your mind anymore, you start filling up days with plenty of things to do and write and read and talk about. Once you open your doors to Life, surprises are behind any corner and days pass by in the most natural and easy way. And all I can do is being thankful. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Fede! Wonderful words! Lucie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucie! Thank you for reading my blog. London makes me think a lot about all of you from Erasmus :)

      Delete
  2. Bellissima storia! Complimenti! Se può interessarti è appena stato pubblicato un post su http://fujikosecrets.blogspot.it
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grazie mille Fujiko! Certo che mi interessa, corro subito a leggere come va avanti la tua storia!! :)

    ReplyDelete